Safety, security and quality
Transcargo has implemented the ISO Quality System to operate its vessels to the highest standards of Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental protection. This is achieved by the established Company policies and procedures for all its Maritime Services which include planned maintenance programmes and regular training schemes. In recognising its commitments and obligations to develop, implement and maintain a Safety and Security Management System, the Company is ISM/DOC and ISPS Certified.
The Safety Management objectives of the company are to:
- Provide for safe practices in ship operations and a safe working environment;
- Establish safeguards against all identified risks; and to
- Continuously improve Safety Management Skills of its personnel ashore and on board ships, including preparing for emergency responses related both to safety and environment protection.
The Company's Safety Management System ensures compliance with:
- Mandatory rules and regulations; and
- Applicable codes, guidelines and standards issued by the Transport Authority, Flag Administrations, Classification Societies and the International Maritime Organisations.
For achieving and maintaining these standards, the Company is certified in quality management and is accredited under ISO Quality 9001:2008. It adopts a Safety Management System that is fully compliant with the International Safety Management (ISM) Code for its vessels larger than 500 gross tonnes and furthermore conforms to the ISPS code